Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Brooklynn is finally here!

The most wonderful day of my life finally came! Brooklynn Noelle Nikolett was born on April 14, 2010 at 2:15 pm Budapest time. She weighed 6 pounds, 4 ounces and was 20 inches. Since she was in a transverse breech position, we decided to have a planned C section. It was not what we wanted, but God took care of us. I was nervous, but God gave me peace with Psalm 17. "Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings. You fill their womb with treasure; they are satisfied with children, and they leave their abundance to their infants. As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness."

Somehow through God's strength I managed to stay calm and at peace through the whole thing. It was rainy all day, but as I was laying on the operating table there was a skylight above my head and right as she was being born the clouds cleared and the sun shined and reminded me that God was taking care of us. After she was born it started raining again, what a beautiful moment to see her face. Afterward, the doctor said when he went to pull her out, her hands and feet were straight out together like Superman making it a little more complicated, but everything went fine and she was perfectly healthy and I recovered well. I'm sure whe will grow to be a strong Supergirl! Giving birth in another country was quite the experience. While I was fortunate to have doctors who spoke English, many of the nurses spoke only a little, if at all, so that made things a little complicated, but somehow we managed. The food was also very different and getting it ordered was funny too. Ryan tried to order a coffee with milk and somehow we ended up with a carafe of milk and they always served tea with every meal! But it was a nice place and we were blessed with it.

Now that we are home we have been enjoying her so much! God has really blessed us with our beautiful little Brooklynn and we are so thankful for her! God continued to bless by putting us in contact with a mommy group of other international mommies. We would get together and help each other survive in another country and I don't know what I would've done without them. God is so faithful!

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy for you guys! I know exactly how in love you are feeling. Its something that you never realize until that little bitty person is in your arms..Such a wonderful blessing! Time will go so much faster now.Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete