So Brooklynn started teething and it has not been fun. Poor baby gets really upset and frustrated trying to find something to chew on and mommy is frustrated that I can't find anything that works. So far all the teething rings and chew toys I can find are too hard and she doesn't like them. I can't find any squishy ones. Fortunately my mom will be here soon and she's bringing some, but until then it has been a struggle.So I went to the drug store in search of some teething gel hoping maybe they have that here. I couldn't find anything, so with my very bad Hungarian and hand motions I am able to get across what I'm looking for and able to understand one word back; pharmacy. So I make my way to the pharmacy and again try to explain what I need. I'm pointing to the baby's teeth and trying to say teeth in Hungarian, but they never understand my Hungarian and think I'm talking about toothpaste and tell me to back across the street to the drug store. Arrr, so I try again and motion her crying and being in pain and finally they get what I'm saying and give me some kind of gel.
It seems to work for a short time, that is if I can get it on without her licking it off first. But it seems to wear off rather quickly and I'm back to trying tricks of chewing on wet wash clothes and iced pacifiers. But in the end, despite how much I try to put it off, I end up giving in to the European version of baby tylenol. The book says teething comes in phases, so hopefully this phase ends soon. But on the plus side I finally found a hat that wasn't too big for her cute little head!
Have your mom pick you up some hylands teething tablets..they are wonderful. They taste like chalk (yes I tried one) but they seem to work and the kiddos like them. They are all natural. I have given them to all the kids. u can get them at wal-mart..etc and they cost around 4.00. They disolve almost instantly. they are the size of a birth control pill maybe smaller. They are in vitamin aisle and some times baby isle. I think the box is blue and pink.
ReplyDeleteHylands rock! Do it! Also, I've heard you can put a wet washcloth in the fridge. Then when you pull it out it's cold and soft for her to chew on. She might like that better than a teething ring. I wouldn't put it in the freezer though that would make it hard and crunchy. That might work.
ReplyDeleteBoo! I just read it more closely and realized the wet washcloth thing. Tired mommy brain. lol
ReplyDelete