Ever reacted to a situation as though it was a near death experience even though you were no where remotely close to a near death experience? Well that's what we did. I was sitting on the couch with Brooklynn as she was sweetly sleeping when suddenly the walls of the apartment were moving. I felt the whole building sway back and forth for like 10 seconds. It felt like a giant had reached his palm down on our building shook it back and forth. Now I realize real earthquakes must feel much worse than this, but this was the first time I ever felt anything like this before, so this was how I felt. So I freaked out and yelled for Ryan who of course didn't feel a thing because he was rocking back and forth in his chair and playing a video game. We had no idea that there was even a possibility of there being small earthquakes in Hungary, so we weren't sure what to do. We live in a building that is for sure over 100 years old and we live on the 6th floor so we felt a little nervous and decided to go outside. We grabbed the baby and our coats and went out. When we got downstairs I noticed Ryan had his camera and I said, "you grabbed the camera?" and he said, "yea, if the building's comin down, I'm gettin a picture of it!" Later we came back and our building was still standing, nobody was freaking out, and the internet was showing an Earthquake of 4.3 had occurred. So there was absolutely nothing to freak out about, but hey it was our first time! At least now we know in crisis situation I'm grabbin the baby and Ryan's grabbin the camera!
Friday, February 4, 2011
The Earthquake
Ever reacted to a situation as though it was a near death experience even though you were no where remotely close to a near death experience? Well that's what we did. I was sitting on the couch with Brooklynn as she was sweetly sleeping when suddenly the walls of the apartment were moving. I felt the whole building sway back and forth for like 10 seconds. It felt like a giant had reached his palm down on our building shook it back and forth. Now I realize real earthquakes must feel much worse than this, but this was the first time I ever felt anything like this before, so this was how I felt. So I freaked out and yelled for Ryan who of course didn't feel a thing because he was rocking back and forth in his chair and playing a video game. We had no idea that there was even a possibility of there being small earthquakes in Hungary, so we weren't sure what to do. We live in a building that is for sure over 100 years old and we live on the 6th floor so we felt a little nervous and decided to go outside. We grabbed the baby and our coats and went out. When we got downstairs I noticed Ryan had his camera and I said, "you grabbed the camera?" and he said, "yea, if the building's comin down, I'm gettin a picture of it!" Later we came back and our building was still standing, nobody was freaking out, and the internet was showing an Earthquake of 4.3 had occurred. So there was absolutely nothing to freak out about, but hey it was our first time! At least now we know in crisis situation I'm grabbin the baby and Ryan's grabbin the camera!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment