I took some of the ideas and did some tweaking. One of the ideas was to buy some onesie extenders to make onesies last longer
but I couldn't find any here, so I came up with a way to make my own and it didn't cost a penny!
I pulled out some old onesies that were too small, stained, and unusable, and I cut off the bottom
Then I cut the piece into 2 pieces and turned one piece around so one set of buttons is facing up, the other down
Then I layed one piece on top of the other so that there was about 2 inches in between and lined up the buttons
Then I pulled out the glue gun. Now you could use a sewing machine, but I don't have one. You could probably use fabric glue, but didn't have any. So that leaves sewing by hand and who has time for that, so the glue gun worked out great, but use whatever you want :)
and I glued the pieces in place...
Then I cut off the excess material and tada! finished!
Now it won't be very attractive, but put some pants on over it and whose to know the difference and your onesies can last longer :)
Couple of tips: The first time I made them way too long and it didn't work when I tried them on. Also you would think all snaps would be the same, but they're not, so I used several different onesies with different snaps to make different ones.
After this I got a few more ideas. She has some pants that fit, but are way too long. So I turned them inside out, folded it up once, put a dot of hot glue on each side, folded it up again and again put a dot of glue on each side.
Then I turned them right side in and voile! Then when she grows some and I need them to be longer, I can just pull apart the material (which is easy to do with hot glue) and roll it down once. And because I did it twice, I can pull apart and roll down two times as she grows :)
Then the third thing I did was adjust her sleepers. Some of her sleepers were getting too short, plus she hates the feet on them. She tries to pull them off, same with her socks. I don't blame her, I'm the same way, my feet need to be free! which is why I'm so annoyed by the fact that I can't find flip flops in this country at any time of the year, but thats another story! So I cut the feet off her sleepers and used the glue gun to fold the material and "hem" it underneath.
Now her feet can sleep freely and her sleeper will last longer!
A few people have asked if it holds up. I have used glue gun on material before and never had a problem and so far no issues with her clothes either. But I do only wash in cold and I don't have a dryer. I do not know if heat would affect it or not :)
Let us know how the glue gun glue holds up in the wash... if you get many washes I'd say this was a grand slam!!!
ReplyDeleteIt holds up just fine. However, I only wash in cold and I do not have a dryer. I don't know if anything would happen if you used heat or not.
ReplyDelete