Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Fruit Smoothie

So today I decide I want to make this fruit smoothie I saw a recipe for on a baby website. It calls for frozen peaches. As the usual story goes, I can't find a bag of frozen peaches in this country. So I think, no big deal, I'll just buy real peaches and freeze them myself. I buy some peaches, cut them up, put them in a baggie and freeze them overnight. The next morning I go to pull some out and it is like 1 big frozen peach ball. All the slices are stuck together. How did that happen? When you buy frozen fruit in America its not all stuck together.

Well, I manage to break apart some pieces and put them in our very small food processor. As everything in Europe is half the size, I decide to only put in a little at a time. But the peaches are so frozen solid the little blades are taking forever to cut through and blend them. I keep trying and finally, it is starting to mix with the yogurt and become a smoothie. Time to add in the frozen banana. Have you ever froze a banana before? How do you get the peel off? Are you supposed to freeze it with the peel already off? Well, I don't know what to do, so I find myself peeling the peel off the banana with a knife like a potato or something. Finally I have a rock hard banana to add to the smoothie, which takes forever as well for those little blades to break it up and smooth it together.

But with great persistence, I have finally managed to get it all to blend together and almost an hour later, I am finally enjoying a rather tasty fruit smoothie : )

No comments:

Post a Comment