I have never had potato croquettes before coming to Europe, have you? But they are wonderful, especially if you love mashed potatoes like I do. So one day I have a craving for some and we can not find them at the little store downstairs. Well we are needing to make a trip to the big store anyway for some stuff. So we make our way to Tesco. Its kinda like a Wal-Mart. We have to walk to the metro, take the metro 3 stops, walk to the bus stop, take the bus one stop, then walk up to the mall to the other side and there we have finally made it to the “big store”!
We get a bunch of stuff we need including the croquettes and somehow manage to fit it all in our rolling shopping bag. But we forgot one thing. By the time we walk back through the mall to the bus stop, take the bus one stop, walk to the metro, take the metro 3 stops, and walk home that bag of frozen croquettes won't be so frozen anymore. By the time we got home, they were almost one big meshed together potato croquette! We tried to pull them apart and reform them and make them anyway, but they so didn't come out the same. I guess next time we need to pack up an ice pack to take with us! And so we continue to learn the process of living in Europe.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment