Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Discovering a Whole New World

Now that we are back to being desert dwellers, Brooklynn has a whole new world to discover and sometimes it feels like we do too. I have to say I very much got used to the lifestyle of Europe and relearning the lifestyle of Phoenix has not been as easy as I thought it would be. Instead of walking to the playground, we now drive there and instead of being in snowsuits, we don't even have a jacket on. Everything seems so fast and busy making us feel tired and overworked. Sometimes it feels like being back home, but sometimes it feels just plain weird, like where am I? But as much I miss the beauties of Budapest, the lifestyle, the culture, and the friends we had there, I am so enjoying being with family and friends here and I think Brooklynn is too. She starts laughing when she sees her uncles and gets excited when she goes to play with our friends who live close by. She loves giving kisses to her grandparents and I love that we are close enough to see everyone often. I hope someday we will get to visit Europe again and maybe other new places, but for now we will continue to introduce Brooklynn to the beauties of the desert...the mountains, the cacti, the amazing warm sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment