I have decided to write this blog, as suggested by a friend, to share my experiences in being pregnant while living in Europe. Anyone is welcome to read as I update, although I am sure it will be more amusing to my female friends. And any suggestions you may have to help me through this time, would be greatly appreciated : )
So we'll start with yesterday. I'm dying for some ginger snaps, I have searched and searched and have not found any. No problem, I'll make my own. Most recipes call for molasses. I can't find molasses here, so I finally find a recipe that uses honey instead, however it calls for ground cloves. I search and search, but only find regular cloves, so I figure, well I could ground myself, right? no big deal. errr, wrong.
First I attempt to pound them in a baggie, when that doesn't work, I decide to put them in the food processor. A few spins later, hey, its actually working. Then again, maybe not. Somehow the powder from the cloves that is being created is sticking to the side of the container and won't come off. I find myself scrapping the sides of the container trying to get some powder to come out. About an hour later, I have managed to scrape out 2 teaspoons of ground cloves. But I can't get the container clean. I try scrapping it in hot soapy water, no success. Amazing, I never would of thought such a thing would happen.
So I leave it soaking all night, but it didn't really help. I spend the next hour of the morning scrapping the thing with hot soapy water and steel wool and getting it mostly off, but there still seems to be a strange film clinging to the container. Anybody have a container of already ground cloves they can send my way? : )
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Found the ground cloves. OOps, they are 17 years old. Probably the last time I made my own pumpkin pie.
ReplyDelete